Translate

Donderdag 20 Junie 2013

Scarlet Letter to No One

by Aspire2


There's a hush in the bedroom. The bed lies in ruins.
Sheets litter that once nice floor.
Whispers touch the walls like love from a ghost.
There's only one thing missing.


At night the lights go dim. People tend to shiver.
Some of them cry.
In the morning, people wake. Some feel.
Others, others just wish they could.


When they stand up their covers hit the ground.
Most times, you see who they are.
They stand bare, letting their eyes adjust.
Morning makes the most of them.


There are times when their eyes never close.
Maybe they're afraid of the dark,
I'm more afraid of morning.
Every day starts with a wish. Some end in dreams.


I've been watching as the world turns.
Maybe if it turned faster
I could turn away from you.
I know I've written you this poem before.


Clothes stack themselves to Heaven,
But lately they've missed the point.
They're climbing into space
And all the spaces nothing occupies.


If this whole poem were a metaphor, who'd know?
It's not, but the thought counts just as much.
There's something nice in honesty.
Honestly, I miss you. That'd sound better in a song.


I wonder if anyone else stays up at night
Just waiting to hear the door.
Hoping someone that they once held close
Would come wading through the clothes?


We all have dirty laundry and skeletons in the closet.
When I feel brave, I lay mine down as words,
Writing my scarlet letter to no one
In hopes that someone reads.


If you're reading this then I hope you know I'm sorry.
My room is still a mess, so am I.
Don't worry, dear, this all adds up the same.
It's just another poem on another night
When I'm wishing I could dream.

Geen opmerkings nie:

Related Posts

Note